Ask the Expert Rules ('the Rules')
The rules below apply to every person posting or reading comments made on Ask the Expert.
For reasons of confidentiality the Moderator will never contact any users directly unless they agree to this.
Should any response be rejected as unsuitable for posting the Moderator will post a reference to this on Ask the Expert, alongside an invitation for the user to email email@example.com for further information. By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in this way, the user will be waiving their anonymity.
If a post is 'reported' and the Moderator subsequently decides that the post does not contravene the rules, the user may gain further information regarding this by emailing email@example.com.
We ask that you:
- Avoid bad language, aggressive posts and personal attacks
- Always show fellow members respect and courtesy
- Refrain from making posts which could be considered defamatory or libellous
No commercial postings are allowed, although we welcome personal product recommendations and experiences.
1. Your Responsibilities
When posting or reading comments you agree:
- to keep your user name secure at all times and to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you have reason to believe that it may no longer be secure;
- not to use any other user's identity to log on to Ask the Expert;
- to accept full responsibility for any messages you place on Ask the Expert;
- only to use Ask the Expert for lawful purposes;
- not to post defamatory, abusive, offensive, racist, sexist, threatening, vulgar, obscene, hateful or otherwise inappropriate comments, or to post comments which will constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, on Ask the Expert;
- not to use Ask the Expert to solicit other users to become users of competitive online services, to advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose, or to promote any surveys, contests or chain letters without the express written permission of shop4support;
- not to post or make available any material which is protected by copyright, trade mark or other proprietary right on Ask the Expert without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trade mark or any other proprietary right and you will be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of the above;
- not to upload to Ask the Expert files that contain viruses or files or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any data or other information in the possession of shop4support or any third party, and you will be solely responsible for any damages from any claims that may arise because you posted files that caused damage to the operation of another person's software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- not to include personal information, including email and website links; and
- to evaluate for yourself the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any opinion, advice or other content in Ask the Expert;
- not to upload images or photographs that are, or may be deemed as, offensive to other users.
- If you wish to complain about anything posted on Ask the Expert please email email@example.com and include details of your complaint and how we can contact you. Please note that we will deal with the matter as we see fit, but that we will take note of your views. We will investigate your complaint and endeavour to contact you within one week of receiving your email or letter. If you have not heard from us within that time, please call 0333 600 6330.
- We may edit or remove any comments which we deem to be inappropriate without giving reason or notice.
- We may temporarily or permanently deny any user's access to Ask the Expert without reason or notice.
- We may refer any matter to a law enforcement agency or Court of competent jurisdiction where we consider a matter is of a criminal or unlawful nature.
4. Your Identity and Licence
- You acknowledge that comments posted on Ask the Expert are not private communications and can be viewed by everybody who visits Ask the Expert, that other users will be able to identify who has posted each comment and that details of who is logged on to Ask the Expert at any given time may be visible to all users.
- We advise you to log off shop4support when you have finished using the website, to prevent other people from using your log-on identity to access Ask the Expert. This could happen in locations where other people may use the same computer as you, such as in internet cafes. If you do not log off, you may be deemed to be the person viewing or posting comments on Ask the Expert unless you can prove otherwise.
- We reserve the right to reveal your identity and contact details to third parties if we believe that you may have breached any of the Rules.
- For your own safety and security, we recommend that you do not disclose personal information such as your password, credit card number, home address, email address, phone number etc., on Ask the Expert.
- By posting comments on Ask the Expert, you grant all other users the right to obtain access to such comments and to view, store and reproduce them for personal use.
- By posting comments on Ask the Expert, you grant shop4support the right to replicate your postings for any purpose we see fit.
5. Limitation of Liability and Exclusion of Warranties
- You acknowledge that the author of each posting on Ask the Expert is responsible for his or her comments.
- Insofar as the law permits, we shall not be liable for any loss, damage or distress incurred as a result of comments made on Ask the Expert.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any comments that you post on Ask the Expert and that if you breach any of the Rules you may be personally liable to any third party that suffers harm as a result.
- You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified us, our successors and assigns, our directors, trustees, offices, employees and agents from and against all liabilities, claims, losses, costs, damages and expenses including legal fees which are reasonably incurred by us should you breach any of the Rules.
- The indemnity detailed in clause 6.2 includes your use of the information you read in Ask the Expert, together with any introduction or collaboration that you enter into as a result of participating in Ask the Expert.
- We reserve the right to modify the Rules at any time without notice.
- The Rules shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.
- The English Courts shall have jurisdiction to hear disputes between us.